Long tradition and innovative spirit
In 1930, the “Iris Lack und Farbengesellschaft GmbH” was founded, which initially exclusively produced liquid paints for the painting and varnishing industry.
From 1945 the demand for industrial coatings grew, the production of which was strongly accelerated until the end of the eighties. In addition to the production of wet coatings, the production of environmentally friendly powder coatings was started in 1989 and soon the core competence of the company developed, which was renamed “Rembrandtin Powder Coating” (RPC).
In 2007 Rembrandtin Powder Coating became part of the paint group of Ring International Holding AG (RIH), to which the successful Austrian industrial coating manufacturers Rembrandtin Lack and the Italian powder paint manufacturer Ecopolifix belong. At the former RPC site in Eitorf, the Group’s product range was expanded specifically to include the production of tailor-made environmentally friendly powder coatings.
In 2014 RIH became the majority owner of the European Helios Group, and RPC became part of this paint group. Since then, the company has benefited from direct exchange within the group. In product development, the company has access to state-of-the-art infrastructure.
In 2017, the Helios Group became part of KANSAI PAINT, one of the leading international paint manufacturers. Rembrandtin Powder Coating is thus one of the top 10 paint producers worldwide.
In 2018 the company moves to the modern location in Buchholz-Mendt and in 2020 the company name changes to Helios Coatings Deutschland.
In July 2022, the company completes its merger with the KANSAI HELIOS Group and trades under the name KANSAI HELIOS Germany GmbH.